Kamworks is Cambodia’s most innovative solar company, founded by Dutch solar engineers. Since its start in 2006, Kamworks has impacted 150,000 rural lives with solar electricity and/or light. Kamworks has been developing GSM enabled solar home products and is now selling them on credit. Payment is collected with mobile money. With this innovative technology, Kamworks service the products remotely and it can switch-off the electricity if they fail to pay. As a result, repayment rates have improved and service cost have come down. We are currently looking for:
The Software Engineer will work on two IT projects:
· Improvement and evolution of Kamworks innovative PAYGO (pay as you go) platform. This platform is operational for one year now and successfully enables our team to remotely monitor Solar Home Systems and our customers to pay their solar loans using mobile money. For this project you will be supporting our PAYGO and data mining expert. You will also have an opportunity to work on an advanced analytics platform and data mining algorithms.
· Deployment, improvement and evolution of Kamworks' ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning). This system will allow detailed monitoring of the steps in the SHS sales process subsequent better sales training and coaching, reporting, operations management. By equipping all our entrepreneurs with a digital tablet we will be able to micro-manage sales and monitor field activity. In a near future the ERP will also be the unique internal reference for stock, production and services operations.
Working in a dynamic agile environment, you will collaborate daily with the project manager, engineers, sales managers and marketers, as well as customers. You should be a core engineer who cares about internals of the systems and applications as well as its look and feel. You should have a strong desire to experiment with cutting edge technologies.
This position is located in Phnom Penh, in Cambodia, and reports to the Project Manager. If you’re a freelancer and would prefer to work from home, we’re also open to the idea, so drop us an email in that case.
· Work closely with the project manager and the team in designing and creating applications that will support the project objectives
· Design, build, and test high quality software in a collaborative environment
· Deploy code in production
· Change management (trainings, implementation on the field, manuals for users)
· Craft beautiful and well-documented code, follow best practices and hit deadlines
· Research and implement algorithms for data analytics
· Propose ideas for system improvements
What you need for this position:
· Education level: Engineer/Master students or Bachelor holder in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience developing and delivering high quality software
· Experience/knowledge about agile development process
· Experience with full product development, from architecture to production
· Strong team worker, also able to work independently
· Pro-active, entrepreneurial attitude
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Enthusiasm for the cause: solar energy for rural electrification
· Experience in version control using Git
· Track record of translating ideas into prototypes quickly
· Experience in developing and deploying cloud based applications
· Artificial intelligence, data mining and machine learning skills
· Previous working experience in a developing country
You will receive a local salary: 500 USD to 1000 USD (depending on education and experience)
On top of this you will get the chance to work and live in Cambodia, in a social business committed to bring energy access to off-grid communities. You will be part of a great team of Cambodians and international expats, in a pioneer solar company with 10 years of on-field experience in Cambodia.
Start date: 1st January 2016, on a full-time basis.
Contract period: 6 to 18 months
You will be based in the Phnom Penh office of Kamworks, but could be travelling and staying overnight in the provinces occasionally.
How to apply
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question.
Kamworks is always looking for talent to expand our team. If you think you have something offer: send your cover letter and CV to veasna@. kamworks.com
Talented Cambodians for sales
Kamworks is growing and is looking for talented sales people to add to the team, especially Cambodians. Currently we are looking for Sales Assistants for Phnom Penh, Kratie Province and Kampong Chnnang Province. If you want to work in a motivated team for a growing international company, if you have technical and commercial skills and if you think you can be a good contribution to our staff, please send us a cover letter and CV.
Kamworks has international students and volunteers working in Cambodia all year around and often 2 or more students of different background work in the same project. Quite often market research and testing of ideas and concepts in the field is necessary.